Disney is releasing ‘The Lion King (The Signature Collection)’ on Bluray / Dvd / Digital HD on August 29, 2017
“The Lion King” follows the adventures of Simba, a feisty lion cub who cannot wait to be king, as he searches for his destiny in the great “Circle of Life.” The film earned a Golden Globe® for Best Motion Picture—Comedy or Musical and inspired a Tony Award®-winning Broadway musical that is currently the third longest-running musical in Broadway history. In 2019, a reimagined live-action film, helmed by Jon Favreau, will delight audiences with the thrilling retelling of the original tale utilizing groundbreaking technological advances—as only Disney can do.”
Brand New Sing-Along Version
Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
– Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
– Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
– Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
– Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
– Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie!
– “Circle of Life”
– “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
– “Be Prepared”
– “Hakuna Matata”
– “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
– Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
– Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
– Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
– Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
– Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternate scenes, and in-depth journeys into the music, film, story, animals and stage show.